March 7, 2014 by
Got a nagging task or hurdle hanging over your head that is bugging you or keeping you up at night! Need a kick in the booty? This is FOR YOU!! Let me be your Cheerleader today!! We are all already busy and moving fast, so I know it can be very hard to fit an extra, and often annoying task into your day. But, since you MUST take care of it, here are a few P3 suggestions that I hope inspire you and get a FIRE under you to make it happen!!
- Find yourself one quiet hour, pronto: Then, on a fresh notebook page, or computer notepad, spell out your task in a sentence or two. Look at it, and decide: Today is the day you are going to get out of the Land of Procrastination and deal with this.
- Open up your schedule: Cross off or cancel irrelevant activities that can push until after you have taken care of this project. Trust me, changing or shifting or even skipping a few activities that you scheduled for yourself will be more than okay- and you will enjoy them much more when you have completed your task.
- Identify 3 Intermediate milestones along with the end goal: Depending on the task, brainstorm 3 main steps that need to be accomplished to get to the end of this project. *Example: With my "day" job at our family business, I have a bunch of these types of tasks come up. Since they aren't particularly "fun", I have to push myself every single time to complete them. Perhaps one of my tasks requires:
- reviewing lengthy paperwork
- tracking down two different people to get the information for filling it out
- making a call to get a question answered
- Mailing the paperwork in.
You will feel SO amazing and sleep so much better knowing this annoying, hang-over-your head task is done! You are a disciplined, high-level, high-performing individual. You don't drop the ball, you make stuff happen, and you always cross the finish line smiling. Go get it done, and feel the satisfaction of crossing that task OFF your LIST!!
If you need more help or information on creating your amazing life, please contact me at www.youramazinglifewithdaley or email@example.com to arrange for your own Personal Power Planning session.